Over a week ago, I made another experiment in the kitchen, and this time made pork in Peking sauce with simple noodles. It turned out alright, not my favourite dish however!
- 1/2 pound lean pork
- 4 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or lettuce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons Peking sauce* or
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot bean paste mixed with 1/2 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- Extra salt, soy sauce or white pepper to taste, optional
Add 1 tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and the Peking Sauce or hot bean paste/water mixture. Cook until aromatic. Add the pork back into the pan and mix with the sauce. Season with salt, soy sauce and/or freshly ground white pepper if desired. To serve, arrange the pork shreds on the shredded vegetable.